Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Piece of Me - TWISTED EARTHS

To some, Untethered Realms requires no introduction. I've mentioned them a time or two and even have a page just for them for those who'd like to learn more about the authors that make up Untethered Realms.

What you may not know about the peeps of UR is how incredibly talented each person is and how much fun we have. The depth of support from each and every one can't be captured in words.

There have been a number of times where I've considered ending this journey, calling it quits and accepting that I'd made my dream come true. I got my work published and warmly printed and packaged in my hands. It fills me with tears even now remembering late nights sleep eluded me, my mind and heart in battle, the dreamer vs. the realist. But a chance to vent or some inspring post that loopty-looed into some hilarious thread of chaotic comments kept me enraptured.

So it's my pleasure to be a part of a fantastic anthology we'll soon be releasing, TWISTED EARTHS.
Add to Goodreads
Twisted Earths is a collection of tales from Untethered Realms, a group of speculative fiction authors. The stories are as varied and rich as the types of soil on this and other planets—sandy loam, clay, knotted with roots and vines, dreaded paths through unexplored planets, and in enchanted forests, lit by candlelight and two moons.

In my humble contribution, IN THE KNOW, knowledge is trouble - Jacob Woods is a struggling journalist who lucks out on a certain inside scoop about future plans for Detroit. Twists and turns abound as Jacob learns there's a high price for being in the know.

My cohorts in speculative crime have exciting tales in this anthology and you can learn about them here.

So have you read any anthologies of interest? Maybe participated in one? Have you considered being a part of an author support group? Any pros or cons from being part of one or choosing otherwise?

7 comments:

  1. Now I'm starting off the day with the warm fuzzies. :) This anthology rocks! I've been in several anthologies, but this one by far has the most special meaning to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! Looking forward to it. Glad it's kept you writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've participated in a couple anthologies. Working on a short story provides a nice break from the complexities of novel-writing.

    Angela, you absolutely cannot give up writing -- and I don't believe you could do it, even if you hit a slump of inspiration, creativity, or confidence. It wouldn't take long before the ideas would start coming, and you'd be right back at it. Just like all the rest of us who have considered quitting when we feel discouraged.

    Writing is something you can't quit. When you're a writer, it's for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited you're all able to work together to make this happen. Definitely never give up. I don't think that feeling of excitement at having your completed manuscript, in printed format, EVER goes away, whether it's your first book or your 100th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad you haven't given up writing, Angela! UR is a special group, and I'm looking forward to releasing this anthology with the rest of you. I have been in a few anthologies, but this, by far, means the most.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't give up, cause you're amazing! Although its nice to share the truth and know that we all struggle and have those doubts. But keep going, and good luck with the anthology! Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been in a few anthologies - lastest being Luna's Children: Stranger Worlds. Ref your general comments, I don't think you will give up on writing. And I'm not too sure about groups mainly on the basis of Groucho Marx's dictum about not wanting to be in any group/club that would have me :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.