Monday, August 25, 2014

What's Wacky or Not in My World?

It's often said that life is what you make of it. So, I guess I aim for wacky...unintentionally.
*Eight hours of the day I have to dance to the beat of whatever new CEO or international conglomerate is taking over the company I work for (I dance just enough to keep the paycheck coming, thankfully lol!!)
*Then there's the matter of being a mom to my Chipmunk. Now that school has started back, that means homework for both of us cause yeah, I'm that mom :-)
Chipmunk did NOT have this reaction to the first day of school so I'm feeling like a WINNER!
*After, before or during homework, dinner has to be prepared, served and eaten.
*Ignoring Chipmunk and hopping on the computer to work on writing didn't work out so well so some Q time is spent with her and now Hawk, the nervous cockatiel.
*After an appropriate amount of stalling and fussing, Chipmunk finally hits the sack, the sheet goes over Hawk's cage, and then I get to play Little Miss Author for a bit before it's time to pass out.

Adding to the fun, I'm republishing Secret Lilies and preparing for Indie Romance Convention 2014 in Lebanon, TN this September. This steamy suspense erotic romance can be PRE-ORDERED at Amazon! Woot! Just click here. And boy am I ready to meet with readers and author buds for the convention.
Because what is more WINNING than mingling with awesome authors and the bestest readers EVER!
So what's wacky in your world?

23 comments:

  1. So was she happy to go back to school?
    You know she'll want your attention every night, but at least you have time to write when she goes to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was glad about getting to see some of her friends but the whole homework and all that part of school...not so much lol!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I wish I could go to this year's indie rom con! Good luck with Secret Lilies, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plans for IRC 2015 are already underway so feel free to get on board :-) And thank you!

      Delete
  3. It's hard to be everything to everyone and still write those books. I empathize with you, Angela!

    Know you're going to have a fab time at that romance conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee.

      I loved IRC 2013 last year so I'm sure this year will be awesome!

      Delete
  4. And one day, God willing, Chipmunk will enjoy packing her children off to school and the wheel will turn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mike, I'm both thrilled and totaly nauseous at that prospect lol!!

      Delete
  5. Back to school's always a mixed blessing. Hope the school year goes well for you both. :)
    The convention sounds fun! Hope you fill us in on what we missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me, the question is, what's not wacky in my world. I really love the normal. I actually stop and smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Clarissa, I've sort of accepted that normal is something that I may embrace some day...just not on a regular basis lol!

      Delete
  7. OMGosh! You mentioned the most dreaded parental word about kiddos schooling...HOMEWORK! Seriously, haven't we been to school already? And the projects they send home. I swear it's just busy work. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Right!!! The kiddos get an A on a project we practically did - ah hem - helped them with. And talk about irritation when th homework we help them with gets a B or C. Egads!

      Delete
  8. You sound like exactly a good sort of Mum!

    Congrats on the re-release/publishing of Secret Lilies. Confetti all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying. I truly hope to help her be the best she can be. And thanks for the confetti :-)

      Delete
  9. I hope Chipmunk has an awesome school year.

    What wacky with me?
    My husband found the ultimate cure for my Not-Going-Back-to-School-Was-I-Crazy-to-Quit-My-Job-What-Made-Me-Think-I-Could-Write-Full-Time dementia. I'll dish after the fact, but the man is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome Chipmunk was happy to be back at school. Am I strange that I look forward to helping my son with his homework when the time comes? I'm such a nerd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you're busy on a daily basis. Have a blast at the event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes I really miss my kids! When they were young I looked forward to when they'd grow up and leave home and now that they all have, I look back fondly at those years of hectic chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you've got it all under control - even if you're hanging on by your fingernails! Enjoy these years with your daughter. You're making lovely memories, and I warn you - you're making an impression on her. My own daughters, all in their thirties, tell me often how their memories of me raising them as a single mother, employed worker, and college student, inspire them as they raise their own families and pursue careers and educations.

    The circle of life in all its forms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey lady, I'm that kind of mom too. I feel no shame in. Those little critters grow up fast and they are my first priority in all things. And my husband works for one of those flavor of the week companies too. And I really wanted to come to that book convention, but it didn't fit my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never did well at homework with my kids. Thankfully, the last one out of the chute is 16, and he knows "I know nuthink" about his school work.

    Yep, most days I am surprised I have a BSW :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me :-)
Comments are welcome.